Director: Regina Gandour-Edwards, M.D.
The mission of the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center Biorepository is to provide high quality, well-characterized cancer-related human tissue specimens and biological materials to collaborators.
The specific objectives of the shared resource are:
- The procurement, preparation, and preservation of malignant, benign, and normal human specimens in a centralized repository
- To provide high quality annotated data (pathological and clinical) using a secure and interactive database system
- To facilitate compliance with all mandated regulatory processes (IRB, HIPAA, SRC) thereby promoting ethical research by UC Davis researchers
- To provide pathologic consultation to investigators using human specimens for scientific correlation
- To efficiently prioritize, disperse, and track specimens via a rapid and standardized approval and monitoring process
- To provide TMA consultation and services for cancer center investigators and their collaborators