Mandatory Annual Training
Welcome to the UC Davis Health System Mandatory Annual Training (MAT). This is the annual safety training and code of conduct required for all employees as required by The Joint Commission, State of California, Department of Public Health and Hospital Policy 2903. The goal of management of the environment of care and of emergency management is to provide a safe, functional, supportive and effective environment for patients, staff members, and other individuals in the hospital. Effective management includes using processes and activities to:
- Reduce and control environmental hazards
- Prevent accidents and injuries
- Maintain safe conditions for patients, visitors and staff
- Maintain an environment that is sensitive to patients’ needs for comfort, social interaction, positive distraction and self-control
- Maintain an environment that minimizes unnecessary environmental stresses for patients, visitors and staff
This training is provided to new UC Davis Health System employees during orientation, and to all other staff as an annual online refresher training.
- Log into UC Learning Center using your UC Davis Login (Kerberos). For best results, open Internet Explorer from your desktop. Note: UC Learning Center is not compatible with the Internet Explorer program found in Citrix.
- The Mandatory Annual Training is assigned as a certification and will appear in your To Do box when you log in. If it does not appear in your To Do box, search for course code 09115 or look in the catalog under UC Essentials > UCDHS Essentials. Please click Register, Submit, then click Start to begin.
- The Mandatory Annual Training consists of a What's New module and post-test. The What's New module is not intended to replace the MAT Manual. You will be required to score 80% or higher on the post-test to complete MAT. You may re-take this test until you pass. Please be aware that the questions are randomized and every test will have different questions. Please feel free to go back and review the content as much as you like. If you need to reset your test, cancel the registration.
- Once you have completed the Mandatory Annual Training you may print your certificate from your Training Transcript. To access your transcript, click Training Transcript under Quick Links.
Please refer to the UC Learning Center Resource and Support Center which provides directions to perform various tasks and addresses common issues within the LMS. If you still have any issues or problems with UC Learning Center, please submit a Support Request through Employee Self Service Service or call (916) 734-HELP (4357).
Employees who have taken the instructor-led training through HR Training and Development will receive credit for the online training. If you have any questions regarding your status for the instructor-led training, please contact T&D at email@example.com.
Supervisors or designee's who need to check on their staff's training records are able to do so in UC Learning Center. Please refer to the UC Learning Center Resource and Support Center for more information under the Manager tab.
For all other questions or comments regarding the Mandatory Annual Training, please contact CPPN at firstname.lastname@example.org.