Welcome to the UC Learning Center
- The Adult DKA/HHS Insulin Infusion Protocol has been assigned to all inpatient nurses working adult units. This course will demonstrate understanding of the new hospital-wide Adult DKA/HHS Insulin Infusion Protocol through patient cases, specifically: starting the DKA/HHS insulin infusion; frequency of monitoring; adjustment of the infusion rate; response to hypoglycemia. The Adult DKA HHS Insulin Infusion Adjustment Table (PDF) will need to be printed and referenced to complete the quiz. [2/26/2013]
- The Central Line Maintenance Bundle has been assigned to all inpatient nurses. [9/17/2012]
- The Safe Patient Handling module has been assigned to all inpatient nurses. This module will familiarize staff with policy and standards for safe handling of patients when assisting and directing patient related movements, and prevention of employee and patient injury during movements. The new California state law (AB 1136) addressing safe handling of patients. [8/1/2012]
- The Nursing BCMA Core Hospital Workflows module has been assigned to all inpatient nurses. This is a required pre-requisite course to review the barcoding handheld device’s functionality, features, and troubleshooting prior to attending a Barcoding Medication Administration class. [7/24/2012]
- The Sigma Spectrum IV Infusion pumps have received updates to hardware and software. Nurses are required to complete the hands-on training. Review the training document, SIGMA IV Infusion Pump Update 2012 (PDF) and complete the Sigma IV Pump Skills Performance checklist (PDF) with a trained nurse and return the signed checklist to CPPN. [5/23/2012]
- The Pneumococcal Vaccination Workflow for Nursesis required for all inpatient nurses and has been assigned in UC Learning Center. [4/15/2012]
- All nurses must complete the Creating a Positive Learning Environment module assigned in UC Learning Center. [4/3/2012]
- Nurses who will miss the Medfusion 4000 Syringe Infusion Pump general users training will be required to complete an Interactive Tutorial in UC Learning Center and complete the Medfusion 4000 Syringe Pump Checklist (PDF) with a superuser and return the signed checklist to CPPN. [2/21/2012]
- The Medfusion 4000 Syringe Infusion Pump is replacing the Baxter Auto Syringe AS50. A 1-hour general user training class is mandatory for all inpatient nurses and has been assigned in UC Learning Center. [1/13/2011]
- All inpatient nurses have been assigned the Restraints Update 2011 module. This module highlights changes to policy, defines restraints, identifies alternatives, describes documentation and presents the Restraint Management Resource page. [11/29/2011]
- Nurses who missed the CADD Pump and PCA User Training have been assigned the CADD Pump Interactive Tutorial, CADD Pump and PCA Infusion: EMR Documentation module and are required to complete the CADD Pump Performance Checklist (PDF) with a superuser and return the signed checklist to CPPN. [10/26/2011]
- The Intravenous Insulin Protocol in the ICU Update module has been assigned to RN's working in ICU's. This update will help staff become familiar with the incidence of hypoglycemia and related outcomes with the current ICU intravenous insulin protocol. [10/5/2011]
- The Nursing Education Needs Assessment has been assigned to all nurses. This survey is to help the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing understand what the educational needs are of the nursing staff as we look to the future and the advancement of you as a nursing professional. [8/24/2011]
- The CADD Pump and PCA General User Training has been assigned to inpatient nurses working in departments using the CADD Pump. This class trains nurses in the PCA use of the CADD infusion pump, revisions in PCA EMR documentation, and PCA policy update. [8/4/2011]
- The Sepsis Improvement Health System Initiative has been assigned to all inpatient nurses. This module reviews the health system initiative to improve the sepsis mortality rate in the hospital. EMR enhancements aid in the recognition and treatment of severe sepsis. [6/23/2011]
- The Annual Respiratory Protection Training for Health-Care Staff has been assigned to all health-care providers. Cal/OSHA requires annual respiratory training for all health-care providers. Respirators can reduce your exposure to infectious aerosols. Air purifying respirators provide a barrier to prevent inhalation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and other pathogens. The level of protection a respirator provides is determined by the efficiency of the filter material and how well the facepiece fits or seals to your face. [4/20/2011]
- The CADD Pump Epidural: EMR Documentation module and General User Training has been assigned to RN's working in high use areas, D8, D11, D12, D14, P2 Burn Unit and the PACU. [4/5/2011]
- The Intravenous Insulin Protocol in the ICU module has been assigned to RN's working in ICU's. This training will help staff become familiar with the incidence of hypoglycemia and related outcomes with the current ICU intravenous insulin protocol. [4/5/2011]
The Center for Professional Practice of Nursing now has a variety of eLearning activites available in the UC Learning Center. To begin, log in and search for the activity you would like to complete or look through the CPPN catalog and click register or start. Some activities will be assigned and will appear under the To Do area when you log in. Required certifications such as Mandatory Annual Training, Privacy and Security Training, Point of Care Testing can be found by changing the Display from All Training to Required Certifications.
You may also find your education record in your Training Transcript. Continuing education is also available in your transcripts. Once you have completed a learning activity that is associated with C.E. contact hours, you may print your continuing education transcript. When logged into UC Learning Center go to Quick Links > Training Transcript, in the upper right, change the view from "Standard" to "Continuing Education." The entire transcript may now be printed or saved to PDF.
To update your profile information such as your e-mail, address and phone number, please update the UC Davis Directory. Click on update my directory listing and log in using your Kerberos log in. Once updated, the information will be updated into UC Learning Center the following day.
Managers and designee's will be able to perform a variety of tasks including:
- Enroll staff into classes
- Print employee transcripts
- View exception reports(Reports displaying users who have not completed assinged training)
- Running completion reports
Standard exception reports are available to managers and designee's. Exception reports will automatically appear in the Manager mode when one or more of your viewable users is assigned a learning activity. There are two reporting levels, users and activites. When the display is changed from direct reports to all viewable users, each user in the department(s) you have access to will appear. Direct reports will only display employees who you directly supervise.
You can download any direct report to Excel by clicking the Export button. If you have viewable users in multiple cost centers, this will be the only way to sort by cost center. You can also export the list of viewable users which will show assignment completion progress and number of activites a user has completed.
If you are a manager and you are unable to view your staff, or if you need to delegate access to your staff, please contact CPPN at email@example.com or (916) 734-9790. Please note: The Manager field in UC Learning Center is populated from the supervisor field in eHR. Please update this to access Direct Reports.
Point of Care Testing
All checklists must be completed with a trained or verified nurse and returned to CPPN for entry into your education record. Any associated eLearning activities must be completed prior to submitting the checklist.
To have a module posted in the UC Learning Center, please develop your module following the UC Davis publication style guides using one of the UC Davis PowerPoint Templates. If there is a post-test, please create the questions and answers in a Word document. When you are ready to submit your module to, please send all related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to provide assistance with UC Learning Center, CPPN has developed directions for performing various tasks and addressing common issues.
Accessing UC Learning Center
UC Learning Center can be accessed from work or home by typing http://lms.ucdavis.edu into the address bar. For best results, open Internet Explorer from your desktop. Note: UC Learning Center cannot be accessed via Citrix. A Kerberos account is required, if you do not have a Kerberos account, click "Get my Kerberos account" on the right. Adobe Flash Player 10 is also required to access eLearning. Check your version on the right.
Registering for Learning Activities
- Search for the Learning Activity using the Search feature, or locate it using the Catalog.
- Within the Search Results, click on the class you wish to register for.
- Click on the Register button.
- Choose one or more class offerings from the list of available dates, then click on the Submit button.
- A confirmation page will display confirming your registration.
Canceling a Registration
- In the Current Registration list (located in the left-hand menu), click on the course you'd like to cancel registration for or click "more".
- Select the course(s) you wish to cancel and click "Go" next to Cancel Registration.
- Review the checked courses on the confirmation page, then click on Cancel Marked to confirm your cancellation.
The date and time of the class are cleary displayed but not the location. To find the location, click on the class link (this will appear above your To Do box if it is the next class in your schedule). Otherwise click Other Actions > View Activity Details. Under More Information, click Summary, then click Expand All. The location is displayed under Additional Information.
Printing a Certificate
To print a certificate of completion, click on Training Transcript under Quick Links on your home page. Click the diploma icon next to the activity name. For best results, change the paper orientation to landscape in the print properties of your Web browser.
Printing C.E. Transcript
To print a transcript of your C.E.'s, click on Training Transcript under Quick Links on your home page. Change the view from Standard to Continuing Education. Export to PDF and save or print.
Updating your Profile
Information in your profile is populated from the UC Davis Directory. To update your profile in UC Learning Center, open the UC Davis Directory and click on update my directory listing. You will be required to log in using your Kerberos log in. Once the UC Davis Directory is updated, the information will be updated into UC Learning Center the following day.
E-Learning Module Froze
If the e-Learning module you are taking becomes frozen, will not load, or you cannot advance or retake the quiz. Cancel your registration and re-register. If it is an assigned learning, it will automatically reappear on your home page.
If you have any questions or comments regarding UC Learning Center, please contact CPPN at email@example.com.