Mandatory Annual Training
Welcome to the UC Davis Health Mandatory Annual Training (MAT). MAT is the annual safety training and code of conduct required for all employees as required by The Joint Commission, State of California, Department of Public Health and Hospital Policy 2903. The goal of management of the environment of care and of emergency management is to provide a safe, functional, supportive and effective environment for patients, staff members, and other individuals in the hospital. Effective management includes using processes and activities to:
- Reduce and control environmental hazards
- Prevent accidents and injuries
- Maintain safe conditions for patients, visitors and staff
- Maintain an environment that is sensitive to patients’ needs for comfort, social interaction, positive distraction and self-control
- Maintain an environment that minimizes unnecessary environmental stresses for patients, visitors and staff
This training is provided to new UC Davis Health employees during orientation, and to all other staff as an annual online refresher training.
- Log into UC Learning Center (http://lms.ucdavis.edu) using your UC Davis Login (Kerberos). Note: UC Learning Center is not compatible with the Internet Explorer program found in Citrix.
- The Mandatory Annual Training is assigned as a certification and will appear in your Timeline. Please complete the training by the due date listed in the LMS. You may locate the training from the Timeline at the top-right hand corner or by searching for Mandatory Annual Training. Please click Start next to the activity to begin.
- The Mandatory Annual Training module highlights new information and important changes that everyone should know and understand. It is not intended to replace the MAT Manual (PDF). Employees may refer to the manual while taking the quiz which must be passed with a score 80% or higher.
- Once you have completed the Mandatory Annual Training you may print your certificate from your Training Transcript. To access your transcript, click Training Transcript from the home dashboard.
Please refer to the UC Learning Center Resource and Support Center which provides directions to perform various tasks and addresses common issues within the LMS. If you still have any issues or problems with UC Learning Center, please submit a Support Request through Employee Self Service Service or call (916) 734-HELP (4357).
Supervisors or designee's who need to check on their staff's training records are able to do so in UC Learning Center. Please refer to the UC Learning Center Resource and Support Center for more information under the Manager tab.
For all other questions or comments regarding the Mandatory Annual Training, please contact CPPN at firstname.lastname@example.org.