Visiting Medical Students
UC Davis School of Medicine welcomes eligible fourth year visiting medical students' participation in our fourth year electives as space permits. We work closely with visiting students to optimize educational opportunities for students in the final stages of their medical school training. This site is designed to provide you with in-depth information regarding eligibility requirements and clinical opportunities.
- We do not accept visiting students for any required/core clerkships.
- We do not accept international students for clinical experiences.
- All visiting clinical elective experiences must be coordinated through the Visiting Medical Student Program. Please do not contact faculty or administrative staff directly to attempt to arrange clinical or research experiences.
- Admission into the Visiting Student Program does not constitute admission or matriculation into UC Davis School of Medicine.
- Visiting medical students must have completed courses comparable to the UC Davis School of Medicine third year curriculum.
- Any expenses required for disability accommodation of a visiting student must be borne by the student's home institution. Please refer to technical standards (PDF).
Applications for fourth year electives are considered on a very limited basis. There are several factors that our school considers in accepting visiting students, including but not limited to:
- Space considerations and whether a school or department has the capacity to accommodate additional students.
- Institutional reciprocity (i.e., whether the application is from a student attending a medical school where there are also opportunities for UC students to pursue elective opportunities students) .
- Institutional training agreements that may involve broader institutional partnerships with your school.