UC Davis Medical Center's Patient Relations Department represents hospital administration and serves as a liaison between patients and their health-care and ancillary service providers, working to identify solutions to questions, concerns, and problems that may arise. All discussions between patients, family members, and the patient relations coordinators are confidential.
The goals of the Patient Relations Department are:
- To provide patients and families with the opportunity to express feelings about issues that have not been satisfactorily resolved by their health-care provider. This includes concerns, suggestions, complaints, and compliments.
- To provide a centralized process to ensure that concerns are resolved within a timely manner, while supporting the mission of the UC Davis Health System.
- To improve the experiences of our patients and their families.
- To collect quantitative and qualitative data on patient dissatisfaction which will be used to identify quality improvement projects.
- To provide staff with ongoing support with issues dealing with patient.