Position available: Postdoctoral Scholar
Full time Salary: $39,264. – 49,884. Pending experience, per year – this is a 100% contract appointment position for one year with a possibility to extend for 1 more year.
This position entails carrying out biochemistry, molecular biology and cancer research studies in the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Medicine. This research is under the direction of Dr. Aiming Yu. Position duties will involve:
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis with LC-MS/MS and HPLC
- Investigation of noncoding RNA functions in the regulation of drug disposition and cancer progression
- Working with cell culture and animal models
- Manipulation of DNA, RNA and protein
Ph.D. degree in a relevant field is required. The person should have hand-on experience in LC-MS/MS and a solid background in bioanalysis, drug disposition, biochemistry, molecular biology and/or pharmaceutical sciences research experience. Knowledge in the fields of noncoding RNAs, metabolomics and/or cancer biology & therapy is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The successful applicant should be a self-motivated scientist who is willing and able to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Hand-on experience in LC-MS/MS and sample preparation
- Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Experience with LC-MS/MS, HPLC, molecular and cell biology techniques, mammalian cell culture, and tumor mouse models are desirable. Knowledge of noncoding RNA epigenetics is a plus. The person will join a dynamic interdisciplinary group and
- Cell culture and animal models
- Molecular and cell biology techniques
- Maintaining of protocols and preparing manuscripts
How to Apply: Please send CV and a letter detailing relevant experience, and a list of 3 references to
Dr. Aiming Yu at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department site: http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/biochem/