Adult cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship
The Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at UC Davis Health System offers comprehensive cardiothoracic anesthesiology fellowship training. This is a flexible 12-month program with individual schedules designed to smoothly transition from mastering the basic techniques and skills of cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology to advanced training including transesophageal echocardiography, clinical supervision and didactic instruction of anesthesiology residents. In addition, there are opportunities for participation in ongoing laboratory-based or clinical research programs. A core of dedicated and experienced clinical faculty provides supervision and training.
At the conclusion of training, the fellow will be comfortable as an independent practitioner and clinical consultant with a thorough understanding of the challenges faced by cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiologists. They will be experienced with the perioperative management of critically ill patients scheduled for a wide variety of cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgical procedures as well as the management of such patients for non-cardiac surgical procedures.
- Orode Badakhsh, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
- Harmeet Bhullar, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
- Neal W. Fleming, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Director of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Anna Kowalczyk, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
- Hong Liu, M.D., Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesia
- Stanley Sady, Professor of Clinical Anesthesia
- Amrik Singh, M.D., Associate Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
- Adam Tibble, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
- Jeffrey Uppington, M.B.B.S., Professor of Clinical Anesthesia and Clinical Vice-Chair
- Aubrey Yao, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesia
Download the brochure here. (PDF)
Download the Cardiac Fellowship Application (PDF)
Please email Carolyn Murdock for further information.
Dr. Aubrey Yao, Director
Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship