PGY-1 Combined family medicine/psychiatry application information
We are pleased that you are interested in our combined family medicine/psychiatry residency program. We are dedicated to attracting a diverse and dedicated group of individuals and look forward to receiving your application. All applications are screened by our combined faculty and qualified candidates are offered a personal interview. The personal interview allows candidates to meet combined residents and categorical residents from both departments, tour training sites integral to the combined curriculum and ask unanswered questions about combined training. The interview also affords candidates an opportunity to more fully elaborate on their interest in combined training. For full consideration applications must be received by November 13, 2015. Please refer to additional the IMG requirements if you are an international medical school graduate.
Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through ERAS beginning September 2015. The following items are required:
- Application (Electronic Residency Application Service - ERAS)
- Curriculum vitae (Curriculum vitae by ERAS is acceptable)
- Family Medicine/Psychiatry supplemental application (PDF) This is not sent through ERAS, and should be sent to the address listed on the application.
- Four letters of recommendation, including at least one from a family physician and one from a psychiatrist
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores (Parts I and II, if available)
- A letter from your medical school Dean of Student Affairs
- Personal statement
All applications are screened by our Selection Committee. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to come for two consecutive days (Thursday and Friday) on select dates in November, December and January where you will learn much more about our program and meet with family medicine, psychiatry, and internal medicine residents and faculty. You will also interview with psychiatry and combined faculty.