Residency Position Timeline
October 1 - Applicant's files should be complete by this date.
- Application through ERAS
- Personal statement/curriculum vitae
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Copy of test scores (USMLE, NBE, FLEX, etc.)
- November 1 - Dean's letter is released
Additional requirements for foreign medical graduates:
- Copy of valid ECFMG Certificate
- Satisfactory completion of Federal Licensing Examination (SPEX)
- Current "Authorization to Begin Postgraduate Training" from the Medical Board of California
See "Requirements for Acceptance of Foreign Medical Graduates at UCD for Postgraduate Training" for detailed explanation
All completed files will be reviewed by the faculty of the Department of Neurological Surgery. Incomplete Files Will Not Be Reviewed. We encourage you to contact the department at any time to review the status of your file. Interviews are by invitation only. Due to the large volume of applicants to our program, we will only notify those applicants who will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be held in January. Applicants will receive written invitations to interview.
Formal ranking will be completed and forwarded to the National Resident Match Program (NRMP).
Neurological Surgery Matching occurs during the third week of March.
For more information:
|UC Davis Department of Neurological Surgery|
|4860 Y St., Suite 3740
Sacramento, CA 95817
Staci Leitner, Educational Programs Administrator: