Residency Application Procedure
All applicants must be registered with the National Residency Matching Program. Applicants are accepted for July 1 vacancy.
The deadline for acceptance of application materials is established through the National Residency Matching Program, but it is advisable that all application packets be completed by October 1 of the preceding year. Incomplete applications will not be considered for final selection.
All interviews are arranged by department invitation only; those selected for an interview will be notified by phone or e-mail. Due to the large volume of applicants to our program, we only notify those applicants who will be invited for interview. We encourage you to contact the department at any time to review the status of your file.
Interviews are conducted by faculty members and will be held in January. If you are invited to be interviewed you will spend most of the day with the department, beginning at 8:00 am. There will be a luncheon meeting with the current residents allowing you the opportunity to discuss the program and there will be a tour of the medical center.
The following materials are required for your application to be considered:
- A completed application form (please use ERAS forms)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- A biographical sketch (personal statement)/Curriculum Vitae
- Certified transcript of professional records/medical school transcripts
- Copies of test scores (USMLE, NBE, FLEX, SPEX, etc.)
- Copy of certificate of registration for the Neurological Surgery Matching Program
- Letter of recommendation from the Dean of your medical school
Please submit your materials electronically through ERAS.
For More Information
|UC Davis Department of Neurological Surgery|
|4860 Y St., Suite 3740
Sacramento, CA 95817
Staci Leitner, Educational Programs Administrator: