- Tumor Immunology
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Preventative and Therapeutic Vaccines Against Cancer
- Cancer-Associated Viruses
- LTNP to AIDS
- Viral Immunology
Our laboratory is dedicated to the study of cancer.
- The design, development and testing of new tumor vaccine components
- The study of tumors that undergo antigenic variation and avoid recognition and elimination by the human immune system
- The development of preventative and therapeutic approaches against the variability of viruses associated with cancer
- The induction of cellular and mucosal immune responses
- Anderson DE, Malley A, Benjamini E, Gardner MB, Torres JV. Hypervariable Epitope Constructs (HECs) as a means of accounting for epitope variability. Vaccine, 12:736-740, 1994.
- Muñoz JF, Salmen S, Berrueta LR, Carlos MP, Cova JA, Donis JH, Hernández MR, Torres JV. Effect of HIV-1 on Intracellular Activation and Superoxide Production by Neutrophils. The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 180(1):206-210, 1999.
- Meyer D, Torres JV. Induction of cytotoxic and helper T cell responses by modified variability peptides. Viral Immunology, 12(2):117-129, 1999.
- Meyer D, Torres JV. Hypervariable epitope construct: a synthetic immunogen that overcomes MHC restriction of antigen presentation. Molecular Immunology, 36(10):631-637, 1999.
- Carlos MP, Yamamura Y, Diaz-Mitoma F, Torres JV. Antibodies from HIV positive and AIDS Patients Bind to an HIV Envelope Variable Antigen Vaccine. JAIDS, 22(4):317-324, 1999.
- Carlos MP, Anderson DE, Gardner MB, Torres JV. Immunogenicity of a vaccine preparation representing the variable regions of the HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein. AR&HR,16(2):153-161, 2000.
- Leung NJ, Aldovini A, Young R, Jarvis MA, Smith JM, Meyer D, Anderson DE, Carlos MP, Gardner MB, Torres JV. The Kinetics of Specific Immune Responses in Rhesus Monkeys Inoculated with Live Recombinant BCG Expressing SIV Gag, Pol, Env, and Nef Proteins. Virology, 268:94-103, 2000.
- Muñoz JF, Salmen S, Berrueta LR, Carlos MP, Torres JV. Effect of Plasma HIV-1 RNA Levels on Neutrophil Oxidative Burst. The Journal of Infectious Diseases, 181(3): 1214-16, 2000.
- Smith JM, Leung N, Torres JV. Preparation and Induction of Immune Responses by a DNA AIDS Vaccine. Viral Immunology, 13(3):343-351, 2000.
- Anderson DE, Carlos MP, Nguyen L, Torres JV. Overcoming Original (Antigenic) Sin. Clinical Immunology, 101(2), 152-157, 2001.
- Smith JM, Torres JV. A Retroviral DNA Vaccine Vector. Viral Immunology, 14(4), 339-348, 2001.
- Medina AL, Cova JA, Vielma RA, Pujic P, Carlos MP and Torres JV. Immunological and chemical analysis of proteins from Eisenia foetida earthworm. Food and Agricultural Immunology, 15(3-4): 255-263, 2003.
- Carlos MP, Yamamura Y, Vu Q, Conzen K, Anderson DE, Torres JV. Humoral immunity to immunodominant epitopes of Hepatitis C virus in individuals infected with genotypes 1a or 1b. Clinical Immunology, 111: 22-27, 2004.
- Reddy KJ, Banapour B, Anderson DE, Lee SH, Marquez JP, Carlos MP, Torres JV. Induction of immune responses against human papilloma viruses by hypervariable epitope constructs. Immunology, 112: 321-327, 2004.
- Anderson DE, Llenado RA, Torres JV. Humoral Immunity and the Evolution of HIV-2. Viral Immunology, 17(3):436-439, 2004.