The UC Davis Health System Eye Center’s Vitreo-retinal Service provides highly specialized diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases of the retina, vitreous and macula.
This ophthalmology specialty clinic is equipped with a full range of state-of-the-art technology to provide the most accurate and complete diagnostic information. Such technologies include the use of:
- Digital fluorescein angiography to examine the circulation of the retina
- Fundus photography, including wide-field fundus imaging
- ICG (indocyanine green) angiography
- High Resolution, Spectral Domain Optical coherence tomography (OCT) to obtain a cross-sectional image of the retina
- A and B-scan ultrasonography to measure the eye and identify abnormalities in the retina when the retina cannot be visualized
- Multifocal and standard electroretinograms for functional analysis of the retina
Read more information about our diagnostic imaging center.
The latest treatments
The Eye Center’s vitreo-retinal team, consisting of Lawrence, J. Morse, M.D., Ph.D, Susanna, Park, M.D., Ph.D. and Ala Moshiri, M.D., Ph.D., are board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists who provide the latest medical and surgical treatment for all retinal diseases. They include:
- Vitrectomy and laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy
- Intravitreal pharmacologic injections for wet macular degeneration and macular edema
- Vitrectomy surgery for macular hole and pucker
- Surgery for retinal detachment
- Treatment for retinopathy of prematurity
- Submacular surgery
- Surgery for posterior segment trauma
- Photodynamic therapy for wet macular degeneration
- Proton beam irradiation for intraocular melanoma and other tumors
- Diagnosis and management of retinoblastoma
As part of a well-recognized teaching and research institution, the UC Davis Health System Eye Center’s vitreo-retinal specialists are at the forefront of new treatment modalities for macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and uveitis. The team participates in many key national clinical studies with some of the nation’s leading research institutions.
Click here for more information about currently enrolling trials for vitreo-retinal patients.
Linked below is some common information for patients seen in our clinic. Click on a PDF version to learn more about vitamins and your eye health and post-op instructions after surgery. Also included is an Amsler Grid with instructions for testing your vision at home.