Medical Student Groups
Student Interest Groups
OSRD provides a unique service to our medical students by partnering with Student Interest Groups (SIGS) on campus. The office provides retention and support services to each of the SIGs.
Medical Student Diversity Advisory Council
OSRD supports the Medical Student Diversity Advisory Council (DAC), made up of officers from each of the SIGs representing groups that have been historically underrepresented in medicine. The goal of DAC is to cultivate a safe learning environment in which diversity can be explored through a means that is inclusive, accepting, and productive.
Current Student Interest Groups
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA)
- Filipino-Americans in Medicine (FAIM)
- Gender and Sexual Diversity (GSD)
- Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA)
- Middle Eastern Medical Student Association (MESA)
- Muslim Medical Student Association (MMSA)
- Southeast Asians in Medicine (SEAM)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)