Gender and Sexual Diversity
UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group supports LGBT issues of faculty, residents, postdoctoral researchers, students and patients. The larger group partners with the student interest group (SIG), LGBT People in Medicine (http://ucdsom2011.pbwiki.com/LGBT-Resources).
The mission of the UC Davis School of Medicine Gender and Sexual Diversity student interest group is to ensure the full participation and success of LGBT faculty, residents, and students in all roles within academic and clinical medicine.
Promote awareness and policies, practices, and programs that advance LGBT participation and success by:
- Advocating for LGBT advancement and leadership in education, research, clinical practice, and administration.
- Promoting sustainable strategies to enhance an institutional climate of inclusion, equity and opportunity.
- Collecting, analyzing, and applying data to inform institutional and individual decisions and actions about LGBT patient care and the LGBT community.
- Developing and disseminating initiatives, programs, and resources to promote increased awareness about the medical needs of LGBT individuals.
- Recognizing LGBT accomplishments.
- Creating opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Working with AAMC and other medical schools to advance LGBT issues and LGBT people in medicine and science nationally