Vision and mission
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis advances health and ignites leadership through innovative education, transformative research and bold system change.
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis cultivates academic excellence through immersive, interprofessional and interdisciplinary education and research in partnership with the communities it serves. Faculty, staff and students discover and disseminate knowledge to advance health, improve quality of care and shape policy.
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis cultivates academic excellence and addresses urgent societal needs through:
- Leadership development – build capacity for advocacy and action at all levels.
- Interprofessional/interdisciplinary education – health professionals learn multiple perspectives to work and communicate as teams.
- Transformative research – apply the science of nursing to improve health and reshape health systems with emphasis on aging, rural health and diverse communities.
- Cultural inclusiveness – teach culturally appropriate approaches to care and involve communities to design and conduct relevant research.
- Innovative technology – use technology to create an engaged and interactive approach to nursing education, research and practice.