News & Highlights
- 2013 Hideo "Dale" Kubo Memorial lecture
- UC Davis radiation oncology chief leads development of new prostate cancer guideline
- Yamamoto joins clinical physics team
- New nurse manager, Brenda Bernardez
- D'Ambra joins Radiation Oncology
- Candas receives AACR-Komen scholar-in-training award
- New radiation oncology device reduces treatment times, increases safety
- Stuffed animals for pediatric patients
We see a way to treat gynecological cancers more precisely. You see a better outcome.
Welcome to the Department of Radiation Oncology. Located in the NCI-designated UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center in Sacramento, we are a nationally recognized facility for cancer treatment — pioneering state-of-the-art technology and treatment methods to offer the highest quality patient care in Northern California.
Our expert physicians, physicists and other radiation oncology team members work closely with other medical specialties to provide comprehensive care tailored to patient needs — with the ultimate goal of eradicating cancer and relieving symptoms.
A cutting-edge research program ensures that the Department of Radiation Oncology leads the way with the most up-to-date cancer treatment options and provides the best outcomes for our patients. The program includes advanced technology clinical trials, basic (laboratory) research and aggressive quality assurance. Areas of concentration include research in cancer stem cells, DNA repair, low-dose radiation, and new imaging technologies.