Welcome to the Department of Radiation Oncology. Located in the NCI-designated UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, we offer sophisticated radiation therapy services and expert clinical care. Our mission is to constantly improve so that we continue to be first in quality and safety in radiation oncology. We always seek to achieve excellence in patient-centered care, research, and education.
As internationally recognized experts, we continually strive to advance the field of radiation oncology through close collaboration with other oncologists, radiologists and pathologists to translate the latest medical discoveries into new treatment approaches. Our dedication to advancing treatment of all cancers has led to improved outcomes.
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) with Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Hi-Art Tomotherapy
- Prostate brachytherapy (Low dose rate, LDR) and High dose rate (HDR)
- Calypso 4-D Localization System
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) with Leksell Gamma Knife®
- 4-D CT Simulation – Ambient Experience
In particular, the UC Davis Radiation Oncology department is recognized as a national leader in advanced technology and treatments using IMRT, IGRT and 3-D conformal radiation therapy for many types of cancers.
Richard K. Valicenti, M.D., M.A.
Chair and Professor of Radiation Oncology