General Psychiatry Residency - How to Apply
For full consideration applications must be received by November 10, 2017.
- Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through ERAS beginning September 2017.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a psychiatrist familiar with your work
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Your medical school Dean of Student Affairs will send a Dean's letter via ERAS on or after October. Please confirm this with your school.
Please refer to the IMG requirements if you are an international medical school graduate. Here are some common questions from international medical graduates:
- Do you require U.S. clinical experience? No.
- Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement? We prefer that you pass Step 1 on the first attempt (applicants with multiple fails generally do not get an interview). Higher scores are obviously more competitive.
- Do you have a graduation year cut-off? We do not interview applicants who have been out of medical school or out of medical practice for more than five years.
- Are you an "IMG-friendly" program? Yes, we accept IMGs.
- Do you offer externships? No, unfortunately our department cannot accommodate observerships/externships.
Interviews will be scheduled on Tuesdays in October, November, December, January. A typical interview day consists of 4-5 one on one interviews with faculty and residents, lunch, and a tour of the medical center facilities.
APPLICANTS WITH A RESEARCH INTEREST
For those applicants with an interest in pursuing research during or after residency, we have set aside an interview date specifically for you. During the afternoon prior to your interview day you will be invited to partake in a special half day of research-focused activities at the MIND Institute. If you are selected for an interview and would like to take advantage of our 'research day', please let us know!
For more information, please contact:
Training Programs Manager
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences