Travel award policy and procedure
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine will provide research travel awards to residents/fellows. The intent of the award is to allow residents/fellows to attend and present their research findings at national conferences. A resident will only be eligible for one travel award per year and the award will not exceed $1000.
- Residents/Fellows requesting the travel award must be in good academic standing within the training program and must be first author on the accepted abstract.
- There must be a faculty mentor for the research project.
- Research must be accepted for platform or poster presentation prior to the request.
- The abstract and acceptance letter must be submitted with the application.
- Funding must be requested prior to travel.
- Resident/Fellow must provide detailed itinerary/agenda confirming the travel and presentation dates and time when requesting travel reimbursement.
- Consideration will be given to the requesting resident/fellow’s prior travel awards and whether the prior work has resulted in publication.
- Residents/Fellows must be prepared to present their research at the department’s annual research retreat.