Integrated AP/CP Training
The AP/CP residency program is fully integrated. The Department strives to achieve an optimal balance between service and education. Rotations are primarily at UC Davis Medical Center with other core rotations at the VA Northern California Health Care System at Mather Field. Residents have the flexibility of creating their own schedules. The curriculum is as follows:
Anatomic Pathology – 25.5 months
- Surgical Pathology sub-specialty UCDMC – 6 months
- Frozen/Neuropath/Renal UCDMC - 1 month
- Autopsy – four months (includes forensics)
- Cytology UCDMC – two months
- VA: general surgical pathology - 11.5 (half CP rotation incorporated)
- Dermatopathology UCDMC – one month
Clinical Pathology – 18.5 months
- BloodBank/Transfusion Medicine – four months
- Hematology/Immunology -- (Heme I – four months, Heme II – one month)
- Clinical Chemistry/Toxicology – three months
- Microbiology – three months
- VA: half rotation incorporated
- Molecular - two months
- Lab Management/Informatics (PGY 3-4) – one month
Electives – 4 months
Residents have a total of 4 electives months (inclusive of the 1 CP elective as described above under CP Rotations).
For questions regarding the Residency Program, please contact Residency Coordinator, Anna G. Schmidt, at 916-734-3331 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in an Observership of either 2-weeks or 4-weeks, please contact Course Coordinator, Jennifer Black, at 916-734-2350 or via email at email@example.com.