UC Davis Physics Residency Program
The direction and content of the Physics Residency Program is developed and administered by the Physics Residency Program Co-Directors, assisted by the Physics Residency Program Committee.
The Physics Residency Program Committee is comprised of the Program Co-Directors, Program Associate Director, one clinical physicist (rotates yearly), one attending physician, Chief Therapist, Chief Dosimetrist.
The Physics Residency Program Director is responsible to the Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology.
Role of Program Director
The Physics Residency Program Director is responsible for program administration. The Program Director follows guidelines established by the Physics Residency Program Committee and UC Davis Medical Center in administering the program.
- Correspondence with prospective trainees
- Scheduling of prospective residents visits
- Hospital appointments
- Scheduling of classrooms for faculty lectures
- Scheduling of Physics Residency Committee meetings
- Scheduling of faculty staff meetings
- Preparation of agenda and minutes of Physics Residency Committee and faculty staff meetings.
- Preparation for student orientation
- Administrative support for residents
- Program correspondence
- Preparation of clinical rotation schedule
- Preparation of didactic lecture schedule
- Scheduling Physics Resident seminars
- Scheduling Oral Exams
- Initiation of Physics Residency Program Review
- Fellowship Grant Application
- CAMPEP Application/Re-Accreditation
Role of Program Committee
The Physics Residency Committee is responsible for the following tasks:
- Physics resident recruitment
- Admission recommendations
- Monitor physics resident's progress
- Training curriculum
- Orientation program
- Scheduling Committee meetings
- Scheduling Oral exams
- Scheduling internal and external program review