Program-Specific Admission Criteria
To apply for the Health Informatics Program, all applicants must meet the admission requirements outlined by Graduate Studies (http://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/prospective/admissions.html).
The master's degree program in Health Informatics is primarily designed for:
- Clinicians (M.D., R.N., Pharm.D., others)
1. Successful completion of Clinical Education, at the Baccalaureate level
2. A working knowledge of both an object oriented programming language and database management.
a. Can be demonstrated through completed baccalaureate or higher level coursework, or work experience
- Healthcare IT Professionals
1. Successful completion of Baccalaureate degree
2. A working knowledge of Human Disease and Conditions
a. Can be demonstrated through completed baccalaureate or higher level coursework, or work experience.
Knowledge of Medical Terminology
a. Can be demonstrated through completed coursework or work experience
Questions regarding specific course options may be directed to (916) 734-8710 or email@example.com.
Language Requirements (TOEFL Requirements)
Applicants whose native language or whose academic instruction is/was not English must successfully meet the following TOEFL requirements:
- Internet-Based (IBT) - minimum score 100
- Written Test - minimum score 600 or 250 for the computer - based test
An interview is required for all applicants. An in person interview is preferred, however an interview via telephone may be available.
Annual application deadline:
Fall quarter: May 31
Applications must be completed by the deadline. Applications missing any of the required components will not be considered for admission.