To Request a Transport
Call 1-800-UCD-4KIDs (1-800-823-4543)
Facts about Transport
- The transport team has quick access to fixed-wing, helicopter and/or ground transport services.
- The team carries out more than 600 transports each year.
- A medical control physician remains in communication and in command of the team at all times.
- The team is comprised of dedicated and experienced physicians and advanced role nurses from the Pediatric, Cardiac and Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
- When on-call for transport duty, transport team members remain “out-of-count” and do not affect PICU/PCICU or NICU staff-patient ratios when called into service.
- Transport services are available to neonatal and pediatric patients throughout our 33-county service area – and sometimes beyond – 24-hours a day, seven days a week.