Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine
Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship Appointments
The Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship Training Program encompasses minimum training (COCATS 2) in all areas of interventional cardiology.
Participants will receive clinical training in cardiac catheterization, complex percutaneous interventional procedures, coronary angiography and ventriculography, cardiac pericardiocentesis, angioplasty and intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, and other technical and procedural skills. Fellows additionally gain experience in clinical decision-making and pre- and post-procedural management. Trainees also are involved in the conduct of and enrollment of patients in clinical trials. Experiences may include active collaboration in locally initiated research protocols and participation in data analysis and presentation.
- November 1-30, 2017 - Accepting applications
- December 2017-January 2018 - Interviews conducted
- July 1, 2019 - Fellowship begins
Additional program information
- The training program offers one year of ACGME approved training in coronary intervention.
- Requirements for International Medical Graduates at UC Davis Health System (PDF)
- Prerequisites are the completion of an approved residency in Internal Medicine and an approved fellowship in cardiovascular medicine. Residency and fellowship training must be completed in the United States or Canada.
- Completed Application Form (PDF)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation, one from your current program director
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
Mail application and required documentation to: