Women in Medicine and Health Sciences (WIMHS)
UC Davis Health Women in Medicine and Health Sciences (WIMHS) is an alliance with Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) in medical schools throughout the nation through its interactions with the AAMC Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS). We partner with the medical student group with a similar mission, American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA).
Please visit our WIMHS blog »
The priority areas of the Women in Medicine and Health Sciences Strategic Plan include:
- Recruitment: To become a AAMC leader in the recruitment (and retention) of women faculty, especially for those at the ranks of Associate and Full Professor.
- Retention: To identify vulnerable groups of women for departure, increase access to mentors and provide guidance on the advancement process.
- Culture and Environment: To enhance and improve the current culture and promote women’s careers in medicine and health sciences.
- Leadership: To develop navigation roadmaps to leadership excellence for women.
- Scholarship: To provide advocacy and seek opportunities for scholarly contributions and other collaborative work.
Please see the Women in Medicine and Health Sciences Strategic Plan (PDF) for full details.
The latest from WIMHS
Celebrating the 200th Professor and 50 years for the School of Medicine:
Annual Fall Welcome & Recognition - 2018
Our annual WIMHS Fall Welcome and Recognition Reception is a time to welcome new faculty members to UC Davis Health and to celebrate promotions and accomplishments of current faculty. This year, Clara Paik, M.D. received the 200th Professor Pin. Congratulations Dr. Paik!