- Instead of an open incision, some surgery is carried out through 3 or 4 keyhole incisions.
- Laparoscope attaches to a small camera and projects the surgery on a monitor.
- Small pencil size instruments through the other holes are used for surgery.
Advantages of laparoscopic urology
- Less pain
- Shorter hospitalization
- Faster recovery time
- Very little scarring
Laparoscopic urology at UC Davis Health System
- Removal of kidney cancer
- Removal of damaged, benign kidneys
- Drainage of kidney
- Repair of undescended testis in children
- Various other laparoscopic procedures are being conducted or are under development
Laparoscopic Surgery Urologist
Marc Dall'Era, M.D.
Associate Professor and Vice Chair
For more information
For more information call the UC Davis Urology Clinic at (916) 734-2222 or (800) 770-6930.