Goal 5: Excellence in People
Strategy 5.1: High-Quality Faculty, Staff and Leadership: Attract, retain, develop and reward talented and diverse faculty, staff and leaders that bring national and international distinction to UC Davis Health System.
- Building a faculty community
- Building a staff community that recognizes and rewards staff employees
- Establish means of market differentiation for the Health System
- Leverage technology to facilitate recruitment, promotion and recognition, for example Talent Plus, UC Excellence, and electronic Academic Life System
- Provide robust mentoring programs for faculty and staff
Strategy 5.2: High-Quality Students and Trainees: Attract, develop and educate a diverse body of students and trainees who are talented, share the values of our organization and will become future leaders.
- Augment our sustainable nurturing environment for development of our students and trainees
- Provide top-notch educational experiences for students, residents, post-doctoral scholars and post-graduates in order to prepare graduates to define the future of health and health care across missions.
Strategy 5.4: Outstanding Performance: Recognize and reward people who responsibly push boundaries through creativity, passion, risk-taking and achievement.
- Build into Academic Personnel's online system the ability to identify outstanding faculty within fields of performance (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- Develop and implement mechanisms for staff by which accountability, collaboration and performance are recognized and rewarded (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- Identify existing tools for faculty and staff engagement through which innovation and risk-taking can be responsibly evaluated and thus cultivated in the organization (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- Katherine Rauen receives Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers
- UC Davis names new medical vice chancellor and dean
- Wintemute to receive distinguished career award for injury prevention efforts
- UC Davis nursing school addresses nation's faculty shortage crisis early in its launch
- Hertz-Picciotto appointed to prestigious NIH scientific review committee
- Health system professor, physician to lead UC Center Sacramento