Nominations are being requested to help identify individuals deserving special recognition through the Chancellor's Achievement Awards for Diversity and Community.
The awards were established to honor achievements that contribute in substantial ways to the development and well being of UC Davis' diverse and evolving community. UC Davis faculty, staff, students and local community members are eligible for an award in any of the following categories:
- Exemplary service that embodies the Principles of Community through outstanding leadership in areas of social and-or cultural understanding, local or regional community involvement, and-or collaborations leading to increased knowledge or expertise in areas of special interest to the campus.
- Outstanding efforts toward achieving and/or advancing a diverse and principled academic community, including exemplary service in the areas of student, staff and faculty recruitment and development.
- Exemplary scholarship having a major impact on community and diversity.
- Exemplary contributions to the success of campus-based outreach efforts.
- Exemplary service to the campus and-or community through active leadership, involvement in precollege partnership initiatives, etc.
Selection factors will include, but not be limited to relative impact of each nominee's contribution to diversity and community for the campus and-or community as a whole; relative merit of contribution to a critical area of diversity and-or community; length-duration of contribution; and potential of award to model exemplary service for others (for example, increasing the pool of diverse applicants among student, staff, and faculty ranks; increasing understanding of the role of diversity in education; service and commitment toward building campus-local community relationships; or introducing diversity and community-related curricula in subject areas where such material is not normally featured).
Seven awards are available, one to a member of each of the following constituencies: Academic Senate, Academic Federation, staff, graduate students, post-docs, undergraduate students and members of the local community. The award process will consist of a nomination component, a selection component, and a special awards reception at the Chancellor's Residence will take place in winter quarter. A monetary prize will accompany receipt of the award.
Click here to submit a nomination application (additional supporting documents such as letter of recommendation, vitae, etc., can be sent to email@example.com). Nominations may also be faxed to 530-754-7987 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are due no later than 11:59 p.m. Fri. Nov. 30.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Vicki Gomez at 530-752-2071.