CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
This is a full time career position located at UC Davis Health System, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, in Sacramento. This classification is not represented by a union. The position has been classified at an MSP-VI level. Salary is $110,000-200,000 ($9,166-$16,666/month).
The Chief Administrative Officer reports to the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and is responsible for the administration of the department, including acting on behalf of the Chair on all issues, except those related to patient care (which must be directed by a physician). This includes responsibility for the teaching, research, and service programs of the academic department, as well as clinical practice activities.
- Advanced degree in healthcare administration, public health, business administration or related field and/or equivalent education, training, and experience preferred
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience and leadership in oversight of clinical programs
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards of psychiatry operations
- Advanced knowledge of financial principles applied to operations and management (budgeting, cost-justification, large-scale operating funds, etc.)
- Strong experience with progressive responsibility in fiscal management, human resource management, resident education, policy development, strategic planning, and capital planning
- Broad experience analyzing workflow, planning, data management, clinical outcome generation
- Leadership skills to implement new systems and processes that improve the overall effectiveness of the unit and proven success training, mentoring, leading and motivating a team
- Medical Center experience is preferred.
- This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and fingerprint process.