The Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials
The Network for Excellence in Neuroscience Clinical Trials, or NeuroNEXT, was created to conduct studies of treatments for neurological diseases through partnerships with academia, private foundations, and industry. The network is designed to expand the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke's (NINDS) capability to test promising new therapies, increase the efficiency of clinical trials before embarking on larger studies, and respond quickly as new opportunities arise to test promising treatments for people with neurological disorders.
The NeuroNEXT program aims to:
- Expand the pool of experienced clinical investigators and research staff who are prepared to be leaders of multicenter clinical research trials.
- Provide a robust, standardized, and accessible infrastructure to facilitate rapid development and implementation of protocols in neurological disorders affecting adult and/or pediatric populations.
- Support scientificaly sound, possibly biomarker-informed, phase 2 clinical trials that provide data for clear go/no-go decisions.
- Energize and mobilize federal, industry, foundations and patient advocacy partners by leveraging existing relationships between NINDS and NeuroNEXT to organize high impact Phase 2 clinical trials for neurological disorders.
- The network includes multiple Clinical Sites, one Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) and one Data Coordinating Center (DCC). Working with NeuroNEXT is a cooperative venture between NINDS, the NeuroNEXT network and the applicant.
Principal Investigator: Craig McDonald, M.D.
Co-Investigator / Outreach Director: Bjorn Oskarsson, M.D.
Co-Investigator / Operations Director: Erik Henricson, M.P.H.
Program Coordinator: Randev Sandhu, CCRP
Phone: (916) 734-4303 Fax: (916) 734-7838 Pager (916) 816-8318
NeuroNEXT is pleased to announce funding for SPRINT-MS: "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Activity of Ibudilast (MN-166) in Subjects with Progressive Multiple Sclerosis" (NN102) IRB Approved Flyer
NeuroNEXT is pleased to announce funding for A Phase II Trial of Rituximab in Myasthenia Gravis (NN103) Brochure & FAQ , MG Disease Overview Video , NN103 MG Study Video. Email or call 1-844-MGSTUDY (1-844-647-8839).
NeuroNEXT is pleased to announce funding for our fourth approved trial: "Safety evaluation of 3K3A-APC in ischemic stroke" (NN104)
NeuroNEXT is pleased to announce funding for the fifth approved trial "An Exploratory Phase II Study to Determine the Tolerability, Safety, and Activity of a Novel Vasopressin 1a Receptor Antagonist (SRX246) in Irritable Subjects with Huntington's Disease (HD)" (STAIR: NN105)