UC Davis Schools of Health Mentoring Academy
Intentional Mentoring: A Mentoring Academy Forum
Join us on October 24, 2018, for an informative full day (11-3pm) at the Betty Irene Moore Hall.
- Keynote: Planning to Thrive in a Challenging Academic Environment by Dr. Philip Clifford
- Breakout Sessions:
- Merits and Promotions by Dr. Colleen Clancy
- Speed Mentoring - Small groups will rotate with Senior level faculty to discuss topics generated by group (Separate registration needed for Speed Mentoring. Click here to register for Speed Mentoring.)
- Wellness Talks:
- Wellness & Academic Career Success
- Communication, Assertiveness, Boundary Setting & Saying No
- Investing in Physician Wellness - Literature Review
Lunch will be provided to those that have registered for the conference. Click here to register for conference.
Why do I like being in Academia?
"Being in academia provides the opportunity to participate in cutting edge research with brilliant collaborators. Implementation science research allows me to bring science to a diverse group of people that I might not otherwise ever get to meet, in my neighborhood and across the world.”
- Aubyn Stahmer, Ph.D., M.P.H., Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Develop the next generation of independent, highly successful academic faculty and advance the UC Davis Schools of Health.
Reorient the culture of the institution to support, reward, and enhance quality mentoring in the human health sciences.
- Create an environment that values and supports the essential role of mentoring in research and in career progression
- Establish a comprehensive, innovative mentoring program based on best practices that fosters and advances personal, professional, and institutional growth
- Develop and implement a reward and recognition system that acknowledges and clarifies expectations for mentoring service and superior mentoring