Welcome to your medical home
At UC Davis Medical Group we are committed to providing you with excellent, comprehensive, integrated care centered on you and your family. Your UC Davis primary care team is structured as a patient-centered medical home.
This model of care is designed to help you live a healthier life by supporting your personal needs – allowing your doctor to spend more time listening to you and getting to the heart of your health goals and challenges.
We take this responsibility very seriously and have engaged a team of health partners to assist in coordinating your appointments, tests and many other aspects of your care.
This health “family” helps provide for your needs by:
- Creating partnerships between you and your care team
- Taking full advantage of the latest information technology, including electronic messaging via MyChart® (Epic Systems Corporation)
- Offering care appropriate to your culture and language
- Promoting wellness and prevention
- Considering mental and behavioral health as well as physical health
- Supporting patients and families with chronic illness by helping you make decisions and manage your health through evidence-based guidelines for self-management
- Offering advice nursing and after-hours appointments by calling your primary care physician’s clinic number
- Ensuring access to educational resources
- Coordinating with specialty services
Our requests of you
As part of our health-care partnership with you, we request that you keep your care team regularly updated about:
- your medical history
- when you see health-care providers outside of UC Davis
- when you obtain health care on your own (such as a flu shot or eye exam)