Diabetes: Tips and Tools
Diabetes: Tips and Tools is a 2-hour 15-minute practical workshop focusing on the tools and techniques needed to be your own diabetes self-manager. Learn how food choices, activity, medications and more impact your blood sugar numbers and how to improve them. Explore strategies for blood sugar monitoring. If you have a blood sugar meter please bring it with you to class. Recommended for anyone interested in understanding and improving blood sugar management. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- High and low blood sugar
- Getting the most from monitoring blood sugar at home
- Effects of daily choices on blood sugar control
- Managing stress for better blood sugar control
- Creating a plan for sick days
- The Diabetes In Charge and In Control series covers all aspects of diabetes. Recognized by the American Diabetes Association for meeting the national standards for diabetes self-management education. You may choose to take one or more of the classes in the series as desired.
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
Diabetes: Tips and Tools class schedule
Educational opportunities are offered at varying times at UC Davis Medical Center as well as UC Davis Medical Group offices throughout the greater Sacramento region.