October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
In 2004, the National Cyber Security Alliance and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security launched National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) as a collaboration between industry and government to help Americans to stay safer and more secure online.
During October, in partnership with the UC Systemwide Information Security Awareness Workgroup, we will host events and provide information to coincide with the theme, 8 Smart Habits to Keep You Safe Online.
Week 1, October 1-5
- Think twice before clicking on links or opening attachments.
- Verify requests for private information.
Week 2, October 8-12
- Protect your passwords.
- Protect your stuff. Lock it up or take it with you.
Week 3, October 15-19
- Keep your devices, browsers, and apps up to date.
- Back up critical files.
Week 4, October 22-26
- Delete sensitive information when it's no longer needed.
- If it's suspicious, report it!