Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I did not receive or I lost the instructions to the preparation?
- What is my procedure about?
- Where are the procedures done?
- Will I need a ride to the procedure?
- English is not my primary language. What should I do?
- At what time should I arrive to the GI lab?
- What should I do if I cannot tolerate the preparation prescribed for the procedure?
- What if I feel I am having problems after a procedure?
- How do I find the results of the procedure?
What if I did not receive or I lost the instructions to the preparation?
Please see the description of the preparations in this site.
What is my procedure about?
Please refer to the description of the procedures in this site.
Where are the procedures done?
Most of the endoscopic procedures are done in the GI lab of the main hospital in Sacramento on Stockton Blvd. For patients in Folsom and Elk Grove, the procedures are done at the same office location. For blood work and radiology tests, please see the assigned location on the appointment paper. Hydrogen breath tests are done at the J Street clinic.
Will I need a ride to the procedure?
Most of the GI procedures are done under conscious sedation. That means you receive sedation to a level of comfort that does not requires intubation of the airway. Because of the type of medications given it is not legal or safe for you to drive or make important decisions following the procedure.
English is not my primary language. What should I do?
UC Davis Medical Center offers multiple language translators. Please let the front office know upon arrival to the unit.
At what time should I arrive to the GI lab?
Patients should arrive to the unit 30 minutes earlier than their appointment time to allow enough time for registration.
What should I do if I cannot tolerate the preparation prescribed for the procedure?
What if I feel I am having problems after a procedure?
For emergencies, please call 911. For all other issues:
- For the Main Hospital GI lab, please call 916-734-5505
- For the Elk Grove location, please call 916-683-3942
- For the Folsom location, please call 916-985-9300
After hours, please call the hospital operator at 916-734-2011 and ask to be transferred to the GI fellow on-call.
How do I find the results of the procedure?
Your doctor will mail the results of biopsies to you and your primary care physician.
If you need a clinic appointment and did not receive a follow-up appointment, please call:
If you do not need a follow-up appointment, please call the clinic and ask to be connected to the triage nurse: