New Employee Welcome
Welcome to UC Davis Health! As an official welcome, we want to orientate you to our organization, provide you the opportunity to meet fellow new employees, and give you tools and resources to aid in your success here. This is a mandatory training for all new employees to be taken within 30 days of hire.
Topics presented include:
- History & Mission
- Parking & Transportation
- Campus Culture & Values
- UC Retirement & Savings
- Employee Discounts & Resources
- Campus & Community Engagement
Following are the details of the Welcome:
- 7:30 – 8:00am Full “Welcome” Breakfast and New Employee Resource Fair (both optional)
- 8:00am – 12:00pm New Employee Welcome (NEW) (mandatory)
Before the session begins at 8am, an optional full “welcome” breakfast will be provided. During this time, several UC Davis Health campus representatives will be present at the New Employee Resource Fair covering such topics as:
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Giving
- Employee Resource Groups
- Green Commuting
- Retirement & Savings
- Training & Development
While attendance at the breakfast is optional, we highly encourage new employees to attend and meet with the various Resource Fair representatives.
Please contact the Training & Development unit or your Recruitment Coordinator for more information about the New Employee Welcome or to obtain information about the next available session.
New employees must also complete the following online mandated trainings within the first 30 days of employment:
- Mandatory Annual Training
- Privacy & Security Training
- UC Cyber Security Awareness
- UC Ethical Values & Conduct
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Non-Supervisors
- Workplace Violence Prevention in Healthcare
Supervisors & Managers will need to complete the Developing as a Supervisor Certificate Series within 18 months of employment.
Please register through the UC Learning Center.