Cohort Start Date: July 20, 2015
This formal, structured post-baccalaureate new graduate program is part of the University Health System Consortium (UHC)/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program™.
Through a series of learning and working experiences, the Nurse Residency Program will prepare new graduates in the successful transition from student to confident professional in their chosen career path of nursing.
About the Nurse Residency Program
- Requires all New Grad Nurses graduated from a BSN or MSN program accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NCNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing education (CCNE)
- Must have California RN License by program start date
- Must be first paid position as RN
To Submit Applications:
- Employment Website: healthsystem.ucdavis.edu/hr
- Search/Apply for Jobs Link
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS
- View Job Posting/Apply for Job
- Under RN / New Grads Job Categories – Find NEW GRAD NURSE RESIDENCY position
- Place in your Job Basket – Apply for Job in Basket to apply for position
For New Applicants, you will need to register (create) a new account (follow instructions on website).
REQUIRED MATERIALS for the application process, in order to be considered for the program:
- COMPLETE entire on-line APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER (Address Letter to: Nurse Recruitment)
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS of NURSE PROGRAM ONLY
(To submit Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts, you MUST submit as ONE DOCUMENT!)
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON RESUME:
- EDUCATION – School Name, Location of School, Type of Program, Month/Year Completed
- SENIOR PRECEPTORSHIP – Hospital Name, Department/Unit, Total Number of HOURS and Length of Time Frame (Month/Year Completed)
- CLINICAL ROTATIONS - Hospital Name, Department/Unit, Total Number of HOURS and Length of Time Frame (Month/Year Completed)
NOTE: DOCUMENT on resume any Internships, Externships, Volunteer, Leadership role, Community Services or Activities related to nursing that have contributed to your professional growth.
Example: List your "unpaid" Clinical Experiences
Type of Experience
Approximate Dates Total Hours Name of Hospital and/or Institution Name of Department or Department Description
March 2011 - May 2011 180 hours A Hospital Trauma ICU Clinical Rotation January 2011 - February 2011 110 hours B Hospital Med Surg Clinical Rotation December 2010 90 hours C Hospital PICU Clinical Rotation November 2010 90 hours D Hospital Labor & Delivery/Post-Partum Volunteer (after graduation) June 2011 - August 2011 200 hours XX Hospital PEDS
Mario Eguizabal, Nurse Residency Program Recruiter