Resident and Fellow benefits program
A few benefit highlights and hints
See individual plan brochures for complete coverage outline and details.
- Each resident covered for life and accidental death/dismemberment
- Benefit increased from current amount of $30,000 to $50,000 as of 7/1/01
- Bi-annual preventative maintenance exams
- Annual maximum benefit of $1500 per person.
- Orthodontic benefit of $1500 (lifetime max) for adults and children
- 25% discount on services offered to housestaff and dependents by local University Dental Associates
- May be used at UC Davis Ophthalmology Optical Shop at the Ambulatory Care Center
- Use Western Health Advantage for annual ophthalmology exam for lens prescription. This leaves total Vision Service Plan allowance of $110 to be applied towards the cost of the lens.
- The number of mental health/chemical dependency outpatient visits increased form 20 to 50 per year per resident
- ER co-payment reduced from $50 to $25/emergency room visit
- Benefits provided to domestic partners (same and opposite sex) of enrolled housestaff
- Human Resources, (916) 734-5335
- Pharmacy Problems: Robert Mowers, PharmD (916) 734-3305, (916) 762-5452