The Health System Contracts office is responsible for the health affairs and business contracting needs of the health system. The types of agreements that we process include, but are not limited to, the following (click the links below for a more detailed description of the agreements covered under each section):
The UC Davis contracting offices have collaborated on the following matrix to help clarify where agreements should be sent: UC Davis Contracting Offices Matrix 3-20-2016 If in doubt, please feel free to contact our office for clarification. We will notify you of requests that get misdirected to our office so you may forward to the appropriate areas for processing.
The following agreement types are not processed by this office and should be directed to the designated areas:
- Real property transactions & leases
- Utilities, equipment loans, vendor services, etc
- Intellectual property (copyright, inventions, etc.)
- Research grants and all affiliated sub-contracts
Authority to Execute Agreements
Only those individuals who have specific delegated authority to execute agreements on behalf of the University may sign contracts that commit the University or any employee of the University to perform a contract.
IF I DO NOT HAVE DELEGATED AUTHORITY AND I SIGN A CONTRACT, WHY IS THIS A PROBLEM?
- The signing individual may be held personally liable for any damages that may occur
- The University and its employees will not be covered by University insurance for activities performed under the agreement
If you have any questions about your authority to sign contracts or where the contract should be sent for review and signature, please contact our office.
- Agreements should be sent to the proper contracting department for review, authorization and signature (e.g. Health System Contracts, Purchasing, Office of Resource Management and Planning — Real Estate Services, Office of Research, etc.)