Emergency, Trauma and Surgical Services
Life saving services when you need them
UC Davis Medical Center is a progressive, state-of-the-art health-care provider that proudly offers one of the most extensive and experienced surgical practices in California. Noted for research-based, multidisciplinary surgical approaches, we are a leading referral center for many of the region’s most challenging adult and pediatric cases.
Patients and referring physicians have access to the broadest possible range of experts and treatment at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, ensuring the best choice for individual needs based on the most up-to-date therapies available.
Some of the many life-saving specialties at UC Davis Medical Center are:
- The Emergency Medicine department, which includes a 26 specialists who are board-certified in emergency medicine. They evaluate and treat approximately 60,000 patients each year with the assistance of 36 residents in emergency medicine.
- The Department of Surgery encompasses a wide variety of surgical specialties. The department's extensive surgical expertise, in combination with ongoing teaching and research activities, provide ample resources and advanced surgical techniques for patient care.
- The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery — recently ranked 35th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report — provides comprehensive medical and surgical care of the musculoskeletal system for both adults and children, and a wide range of educational programs for medical specialists, residents and medical students.
- The Department of Neurological Surgery at UC Davis Health is home to internationally recognized experts in neurosurgical disorders. This includes a full-range of technologies to provide the most current and effective treatments for the entire spectrum of neurological diseases.
- The Surgery and Emergency Services Pavilion is key to UC Davis Medical Center's state-of-the-art care and is equipped with the most sophisticated patient-care and information-technology resources, making it one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the country.