Kay Nelsen, M.D., Residency Director
Huey Lin, M.D., Associate Director
Sarah Marshall, M.D., Associate Director and FM/OB Program Director
Jaesu Han, M.D., FM/Psych Program Director
Rozlynn Shirley, Residency Coordinator
UC Davis Family Practice Residency Program
4860 Y Street, Suite 2300
Sacramento, Calif. 95817
The ERAS application season for 2016-2017 begins September 15th, 2016.
The Residency Office will begin reviewing applications on September 15, 2016 and will start to offer interview dates. The last day we will accept applications will be December 1, 2016.
Each of the six civilian Network Residency Programs has its own application criteria. Review the application criteria for each program (including criteria for IMG applicants) below:
- Mercy Medical Center, Merced
- Valley Family Medicine Center, Modesto
- Mercy Medical Center, Redding
- UC Davis Family Medicine Residency, Sacramento
The residency programs in the UC Davis Network only accept applications received through ERAS--the Electronic Residency Application Service (AAMC). submit an ERAS application here Submit a separate ERAS application for each program in which you have interest. If you have additional questions, please refer to the following links:
- NRMP (National Resident Matching Program)
- ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education)
- ECFMG (Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges)
- The California Medical Board FAQ on PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter) for IMGs use this link
UC Davis Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Medical school graduation within the last 3 years
- Applicant must have some type of U.S. inpatient experience (minimum of 4 years) within the last 5 years.
- IMG's must have ECFMG certificate and PTAL letter on file to be eligible for an interview.
- We accept EAD's or J1 visas sponsored throught ECFMG.
Hotel and Transportation Information
Sacramento Airport to UCDMC
Reservations can also be made online at www.supershuttle.com
Approximately $25.00 per person/$11.00 for each additional person one way
or Taxi Cab (between $40 & $50)
(Room rates subject to change. Please call the hotel to confirm the nightly rate)
4422 Y St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
Front Office Manager: Tracy
Two queen beds or one king bed resident rate $129+tax
For this reduced rate you must mention Rate Codes: UCDA (two queen beds) or UCDB (one king bed).
- Hotel Med Park, Sacramento (formally Best Western)
2356 Stockton Blvd., Sacramento, CA
Single or double occupancy $119+tax, Mini Suite $124+tax, Full Suite $139+tax (Indicate that you want the GME Rate) Contact: Mat Silver
Complimentary Continental breakfast from 6:00am - 9:00am (every day)
555 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
Director of Sales: Kim Baynard
Single $102 + tax or double occupancy $122 + tax
Complimentary Full American Breakfast from 6:00am - 9:00am (M-F) & 7:00 - 10:00am (Wknds)
This hotel is approx. 5.5 miles from UC Davis Medical Center (10 min drive)
1250 Halyard Drive, West Sacramento, CA
Outside Bldg: Single King/ Double Queen - $65.99+tax
Main Bldg: Single King/Double Queen - $79 + tax
Main Suites: $109 + tax
Sales Mgr: Vinal (x303)
This hotel is approx. 10 minutes from UC Davis Medical Center. ( Indicate that you want the UCDMC rate)
7850 College Town Drive, Sacramento
Single occupancy $45.99 double $51.99 (Sun.-Thrs.); single $49.99 double $55.99 (Fri-Sat).
General Mgr.: Kam Singh
Motel 6 Central is located near Sacramento State University and 10 minutes from UC Davis Medical Center
The following hotels are no longer recommended by UCDMC
Heritage Hotel - Vagabong Inn - Motel 6 on 30th Street - Ramada Inn, Discovery Park