The Office for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion in collaboration with the Vice Chancellor’s LGBTQ+ Council and PRIDE Employee Resource Group has taken on the role to complete the required Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) survey for the past three years. For the seventh year in a row, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation has named UC Davis Medical Center a “Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.” The Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) is the national LGBTQ benchmarking tool that evaluates healthcare facilities' policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of their LGBTQ patients, visitors and employees.
The ECHO Experience
Who should participate?
- Providers and staff in lookalike and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- Providers interested in providing care to transgender and gender non-conforming patients.
- Health Center Staff with an ability to commit to 12 two-hour sessions in 12 months.
- Providers with an interest in the opportunity to tap into the collaborative power of health center teams and public health experts.
- Health Center Staff and Providers with an interest in helping their own health center increase their competency in providing care to transgender and gender non-conforming patients.
Learn more at the LGBT Health Education Transgender website.