Dietetic Internship Graduation Requirements
Throughout the internship, the Internship Coordinator and Director monitor the intern's progress based on written evaluations completed at the end of each rotation. All of the following required learning experiences must be completed at the expected competency level in order to receive a Verification Statement documenting completion of the dietetic internship and establishing eligibility to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
- The intern must receive at least one "Meets Expectations" or "Meets and Exceeds Expectations" rating on the written evaluation for each ACEND CRD competency and Nutrition Therapy (NT) competency.
- The intern must receive a rotation summary of at least "Meets Expectations" for each of the following rotation experiences. A rating of "Meets expectations" indicates satisfactory completion of the learning experience.
- Clinical nutrition core- by the end of Acute Care 3
- Critical Care
- Food service management
- Staff relief
- A minimum of 10 days of supervised staff experience at a competent level is required.
- The intern must present a case study, meet all case study requirements and receive an average rating of "6" or better on Case Study Evaluations.
- The intern must lead a journal club discussion, meet all journal club requirements and receive an average rating of "6" or better on Journal Club Evaluations.
- Evaluations from all practice learning experiences, didactic learning experiences, the journal club discussion, and the case study assignment must be completed and turned in.
Upon fulfilling the requirements of the dietetic internship program, interns will receive a verification statement indicating that the internship has been completed. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, interns are eligible to become active members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) and to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).