Applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree: Completion of a minimum of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution before the start date of the internship program.
- Recency of Coursework: Academic coursework must have been completed within three years before the date of entrance into the internship program.
- Accredited Dietetic Program in Dietetics: Applicants will need to have completed or be in the process of completing an accredited Dietetic Program in Dietetics (DPD), as specified by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. A "Verification Statement" or "Declaration of Intent" to complete form must be submitted on-line to DICAS.
- Minimum DPD GPA of 3.0
- Verification Statement: Must be provided by the start date of the internship
- Official Transcript of Bachelor's Degree: Must be provided by the start date of the internship
Upon acceptance to the UC Davis Dietetic Internship program, the accepted applicant must meet the following Human Resource requirements:
- California State Criminal Background Check: UC Davis Medical Center Human Resources will conduct a background check at no cost to the intern. Candidates must pass the background check in order to enter the UC Davis Medical Center Internship.
- Obtain a health clearance: Interns must arrive in Sacramento before the internship start date to complete a mandatory health screening through UC Davis Medical Center Employee Health. Interns must arrive no later than August 3, 2015.
- Proof of visa status for non US citizens: Non US citizens must provide proof of appropriate visa status. A non US citizen must be approved by the US Citizen and Immigration Services for Optional Practice Training to complete a dietetic internship. It is the student's responsibility to coordinate the OPT application with his/her DPD school.