CTSC Clinical Research Center - Facilities
- 10 highly skilled RNs who provide 24/7 care to subjects enrolled in clinical research studies, whether they be admitted to the CCRC, to any Health System site (i.e., the UC Davis Medical Center, any of the clinics, the MIND Institute, the Cancer Center, the Shriner's Hospital, or a research site on the UC Davis campus), or in the home, or at any community site. Our RNs are specially trained in Human Subjects Protection, Good Clinical Practices, and Research Protocol Adherence; all are Chemotherapy, Conscious Sedation, and ACLS/PALS certified
- A Nurse Practitioner who provides expanded services to investigators (i.e., clinical procedures, exams)
- An Exercise Physiologist who has a variety of methods of measuring body composition, bone density, metabolic rate and exercise fit. The CCRC houses a BOD POD, DEXA machine, Metabolic Cart, 12 Lead EKG Stree Treadmill system and much more.
- A Research Dietitian who provides nutritional support to study protocols by providing nutritional analysis, designing specialized meal plans, providing nutritional counseling to subjects, and on-site food preparation
- Lab Support is available to all investigators to assist with phlebotomy, simple and complex processing, sample storage, and specimen shipping
- Clinical Research Coordinators are available to aid Investigators with regulatory support, training staff, or assisting with study visit activities
The range of study visits can be as simple as a single blood draw or as complex as a Swan Ganz insertion with Hemodynamic Monitoring.
Who can use the CCRC - UC Davis
The CCRC is available to any member of the faculty, residents, postgraduate fellows, medical students and nurses in any department of the UC Davis School of Medicine, UC Davis Health System. Approval for use of the center is determined by three criteria:
- The quality and significance of the research
- The special need for the center's unique facilities
- The common usefulness or collective justification for facilities or personnel.
The CCRC is located on the UC Davis Sacramento Health System campus in the Cypress building at 2221 Stockton Blvd, Suite D which is adjacent to UC Davis Medical Center Hospital. The new facility has 3,500 square feet of clinic space with equipment and an experienced 16- member staff who focus on conducting protocol-specific clinical research. With four infusion chairs, a procedure room, two phlebotomy stations, two examination rooms, two interview rooms, and a room with a hospital bed, this clinic is designed to meet a variety of outpatient research needs. Additionally, there is a laboratory processing room with a centrifuge and -80o C freezer, and an exercise laboratory with a DEXA machine, EKG stress treadmill and bike system, and metabolic cart. Plenty of workspace is available for investigators and coordinators to use during their patients’ appointments. The new clinic space consolidates the CTSC Clinical Research Center (CCRC) presence at the Sacramento Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Ticon building locations.