Core Components of the Center for Reducing Health Disparities
- Research – To advance innovative investigations that help a better understanding about the causes and consequences arising from disparities in health care.
- Education and mentoring – To expand opportunities for minority health and research training through a rigorous mentoring program in applied health disparities research.
- Training – To help leaders develop comprehensive strategies to improve their quality of culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Community outreach and public information – To build more awareness about access and quality of care issues within ethnically diverse populations.
- Shared resources – To assist others with planning and implementing similar health disparities research in order to maximize overall benefits of disparities’ findings and recommendations.
- Affiliations and partnerships – To strengthen or establish collaborations with community-based organizations and other groups that will help increase organizational capacity.
- Administration and oversight – To promote and support excellence in the overall effort to reduce health disparities