Bridges to Excellence: A Professional Leave Opportunity
Bridges to Excellence is a program that provides nurses an opportunity to seek professional development in disciplines their units may not be able to provide, as well as, offering the possibility of experiencing new challenges. This program allows a nurse to utilize professional leave time while in the program.
Bridges to Excellence was an idea born from the CN III Education Committee to provide a clinical ladder for nurses at UC Davis Health.
The program allows nurses the chance to explore clinical areas they are interested in or curious about and to provide intellectual stimulation. The program can be a four, eight, or twelve-hour experience allowing a nurse to use their professional leave and obtain CE credit.
In order to participate in the Bridges to Excellence program a nurse must:
- Have worked on a unit for a minimum of one year
- Complete a Planned Absence Request and submit to current manager for approval
- Approval of manager from the unit you will be visiting
- Complete an Intent to Visit form, receive an assigned mentor
- After completion of experience submit a course roster, exemplar and evaluation to the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
To get started click on the instructions.