CHPR Staff Bios
Shauna Durbin, MPH
Health Policy Analyst
Shauna Durbin joined the Center in 2014. She works as a research analyst on a variety of comparative effectiveness and policy evaluation projects, including systematic reviews for the United States Preventive Services Task Force and the National Cancer Institute. During the legislative season she participates in the California Health Benefits Review Program, which analyzes the medical effectiveness, cost, and public health impacts of California state health insurance legislation. As a member of the public health team, she has coauthored reports on topics relating to dental care, cancer screening, autism, asthma, and HIV-associated conditions. Shauna also provides GIS support for CHPR projects that address healthcare access, national and state trends in health outcomes, and healthy behaviors.
- Systematic reviews
- Policy analysis
- GIS - map-making, spatial analysis, database design
- Project management
- Writing – reports, briefs, protocols, survey-design
- Comparative effectiveness
- Healthcare access - insurance policy, transportation and proximity
- Preventive care – cancer screening, use of mid-range providers
- Social determinants of health
- Cost drivers in healthcare and prescription drugs
Shauna received her MPH in public health policy and management from the University of Arizona School of Public Health. In addition to her masters studies, she completed a graduate certificate program in geographic information science (GIS) with the University of Arizona School of Geography and Development.