Following are the basic requirements for volunteering at UC Davis Health:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 to volunteer.
- Contribute a 4 - 7 hour shift per week for at least a 6 month period.
- Attend a mandatory orientation meeting.
- Obtain a medical clearance, details given out at the orientation.
- Pay a one-time registration fee of $5.00.
- For the protection of our patients, provide information for a national criminal background check.
- See, hear and speak English well enough to satisfactorily converse with patients, visitors and hospital staff. See well enough to visually assess a patient's condition or to read written material. Possess strength and stamina to remain active for extended periods of time and to be able to move a distance between floors and buildings. Body strength and mobility to assist in transporting patients, moving patients or supplies.
To begin the process, please complete and submit our volunteer application.